On this product update, Brent Newkirk (Director of Aftermarket Sales) talks with John Lueger (Director of Product Management) and Chad Hinton (Customer & Technical Service Manager) to discuss the software update of the Outback MAX and Outback AC110 Application Control products.
Listen to an audio update to see what's new in Outback MAX 1.4!
Or, download to listen later.
Outback MAX new features and benefits (John)
- ISOBUS Task Controller – single product. If you have an ISOBUS implement, you can plug in through a break away connector and plug in through the MAX terminal, for example. This should minimize the number of terminals you have inside of your cab.
- All the different ECUs we have tested with are listed on the ISO matrix.
AC110 Application Control system
- Low Flow Prevention – Allows system to maintain tip pressure, even if the ground speed is reduced. This can be very helpful when crossing over a ditch, for example, when your speed slows down. Typically your tips would shut off at a certain speed, due to low pressure, but this will continually apply product at slower speeds.
- Valve Advance –This is an automatic adjustment, prior to exiting a headland, which helps avoid pressure drops under hard acceleration.
- Support for PWM valves on the liquid rate control - Two different PWM settings within MAX allow the user to control liquid sprayers with PWM valves.
Installing the software on the Outback MAX and the AC110: (Chad Hinton)
- Visit Outback Guidance website, click on the Support page, choose Software Updates and choose your terminal.
- Unzip the file after downloading, run the installer to put software on the thumbdrive. Then, insert the thumbdrive into MAX and boot up your MAX.
- This installation process could take between 15 minutes and an hour to install, depending on what software you have installed already.
- When updating the AC110, make sure to do a step update – get each update and apply in order.
- The AC110 software update will be listed with the MAX software and downloadable in a zip format.
- Customer Service: 1-800-247-3808 Option 1 for Outback